Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Happy Birthday ...

Good morning and Happy Wednesday! Ruza here to share another project featuring the awesome Great Impressions Stamps.


Today's card features the Elegant Butterflies (J119) sentiment and Happy Birthday (C340) stamps. I have a couple pictures showing how I created the panel on my card.

I used post it notes to mask both side of the panel (my photo only shows one side), and sponged a variety of dye inks with a dauber going from light to dark. Once the panel was complete I stamped the butterflies along with the sentiment in dark chocolate, and then sprayed a mist of water over the design using a Mini Mister bottle. Once the panel was dry, I used Scor-tape to adhere it to my cardbase and added the enamel dots.

 

When spraying water on your design you need to be careful. If you hold the sprayer close to your design you can get a blob of water in one central location. I tested my sprayer on scrap cardstock close-up and arm-length away to see the coverage. I found that in order to get a "fine mist" I needed to hold my design arm length away.

Here's a closer look ...


That is all for me today. I will be back next week with another project featuring some amazing stamps from Great Impressions! I hope you will check out our current Great Impressions Challenge, and if you use some Great Impressions stamps make sure you link them up in our Customer Gallery!

Until next week ... Enjoy!

3 comments :

Mynn xx said...

I LOVE this autumn color scheme, Ruza! I'm ready for fall! ;) LOVE this fabulous technique, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! (I have made many a card with blobs....lol)

Patti J said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Ruza! Loving the colors, and those butterflies are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...