Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Guest Designer: Patti Gilliam

Hi, friends!  Our guest designer, Patti Gilliam, is back today to start off our NO CARD/NO TAG week!  This week our theme is Teacher Gifts!  Let's get to it...


Happy Sunday!
This entire week at Great Impressions, the DT will be featuring a 'No Cards, No Tags' week, with a focus on Teacher Appreciation gift ideas.  
Be sure to visit us each day, as the inspiration will be endless!

Now, grab that cup of coffee, sit a spell, and let me show you what I created, using two of my favorite stamps from Great Impressions, 'One in a Million', and 'Teddy with Flowers'.

I have been purchasing this size of tissue container for my car. It fits nicely in the little cubby where my drink holders are, leaving ample room on either side for phone, snacks, etc.


I figured out that if one is very persistent and careful, one can pop this top off of an empty tissue box, carefully trim the cardboard oval, and glue the lid right back into the box!  Before gluing this lid back in,
I measured up a few inches from the bottom, trimming my box to be shorter.


The entire box was then wrapped, by gluing crayons around the outside.

I added a piece of pretty ribbon, Teddy with Flowers, and the sentiment, which was tricky!
Since we weren't using cards or tags, what to do?  WELL!  Every teacher needs magnets,
right?  Ta da!

Here is a shot of my 'non tag'.  
Gluing it to the paper clip made it look all 'teachery', and adding the magnet made it all useful - I think it turned out pretty well. 
What do you think?


Thanks for dropping by today!
Be sure to check back here for each day's inspiration - it's going to be a very fun week!

Hugs and smiles,
Patti J.


Other Supplies Used:
Copic Markers
Dimensional Foam (to pop up the top flower on focal image)
White Hammermill 110# cardstock
Black Cardstock (Hobby Lobby)
Spellbinders Dies
Paper Clips
"Shreds"
Candy Bars

Thank you, Patti!  We LOVE this super fun project!  Come back next week to see Patti's last project for us--we know she'll leave another GREAT IMPRESSION!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all!

4 comments :

~ Kendra ~ said...

Oh my, how FUN!!! What a fun idea!!!!

jonim52 said...

What a fabulous fun project, love it!

Mynn xx said...

This is AWESOME, Patti! :) Mynn xx

Katy said...

This is so awesome! I love this! :) Very clever!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...