Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, May 10, 2013

All About Men

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Great impressions Blog. Another weekend is upon us and this one is a very special one here in the U.S. We are celebrating Mother's Day. So I send inky hugs to all the Moms and Grandma's that may read this post.

Since my Mother's Day cards are all done and I showed them here, here, and here, I thought I would start making some Father's Day cards. I send a lot of cards for this holiday as well. My hubby, sons-brothers and friends always get a card from me.

For this one I used the Great Impressions Stamps - "all about men"- G266.  I stamped on my cherry cobbler pennant flag and on the image panel. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig for placement. This stamp is a great one that describes men in many different roles. I love the words and it is available in the online store.

My image is "old fishing truck - E502".   I colored it with prismacolor pencils and gamsol and cut it with a Spellbinders lables one die. I added some glossy accents to the wheels and the side mirror.

I liked the masculine appeal of my patterned paper and kept with that theme by adding  die cut chevrons in a dark espresso brown and blue to finish my card.

Well that's it for me for today. See you next Friday.

Mary Marsh

3 comments :

Jenny said...

Perfection Mary!! Love the way you stamped on the pennant! Great guy card!

Sue from Oregon said...

You have been a busy girl Mary-love all your pretty Mothers Day cards too!

Sparkly Engineer said...

I never seem to get done more than one ok two cards, one for my husband and one for my father.

Love the coloring on the truck. It's perfect for an old truck.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...